Create folders and Group Apps on an iPhone
If you know how to create folders on your iPhone then you will save yourself from the trouble of dealing with a messy home screen. By grouping apps together you can also ease things a bit for your iPhone. For example if you group all of your video apps in one place, then you can easily access them without having to bother to search all over your phone when you wanna use them.
It is not blatantly clear on how you create folders on an iPhone; however once you get the trick, then it is a piece of cake. Just follow the info bellow to learn how to do it:
- Before you can create a folder, you will need at least two apps (it can be any app) which you will put into the folder you create.
- When you have chosen the app, tap and hold on it till you see that all the apps on the screen are shaking.
- Now, just drag one of those apps into the other. When you notice that the first app looks like it is merging with the second one, just take your finger of the screen. Seconds later a new folder will be created.
- The next screen may be different, depending on which iOS version you have installed. If your device has iOS 7 or later, the created folder and its name suggestion will take up the entire screen. But in iOS 4-6, the two apps and the suggested folder name will be shown in a little strip across the screen.
- It is possible to edit the name of the folder by simply tapping on the name and using your onscreen keyboard.
- In case you want to add extra apps into the folder, just tap the wallpaper to minimize the folder. After that just drag the apps you want into the folder.
- Once you are finished adding the apps and naming the folder, click on the Home button of your iPhone and the changes will be saved.
- If you wish to edit an existing folder, tap and hold on the folder, till it begins to move.
- Tap once again on the folder and it will open up and all of the contents will be shown on screen.
- You can edit the folder’s name by tapping on the text.
- You can add more apps by simply dragging them.
- Click your Home Button to save any changes you have made.
How to create folders on iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone X
It is a bit complicated to create folders on an iPhone 6S and 7 because the 3D touch screen of these devices responds a bit differently to different presses on the screen. For example, when you want to drag one app into a folder do not press it to hard because it won’t work. A light tap and hold is enough.
Folder Name suggestions- How it happens?
Right after you create a folder, your iPhone automatically assigns a suggested name to it. Normally, this name is chosen on the basis of the category of the apps which are stored in the folder. If for example, you have apps that come from the Music category; the suggested name will probably be Music. It is up to you whether you want to continue using the suggested name or you want to change it by following the instructions above.
Instructions on how to delete a folder on an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iphone 8, iPhone X
- Drag the apps out of the folder and place them into the Home screen
- Once you are finished doing this, the folder will automatically disappear
- Just press the Home button to save the changes and you re finished
How to remove apps from Folders
To remove an app from your iPhone or iPod touch, follow these instructions:
- First tap and hold on the folder from which you want to remove an app.
- Once the apps and the folders start shaking, remove your finger from the screen.
- Drag the app out of the folder and place it into the Home screen.
- Press the Home button to save the changes.
How to add folders in the iPhone Dock
The iPhone dock contains the four apps across the bottom of the device. It is possible to add folders to the dock if you wish. Follow this pattern:
- Select one of the apps which is currently in the dock and move it out by dragging it to the main area of the home screen.
- Now, drag a folder into the empty space which is left behind.
- Save the changes by pressing the Home button.