Step By Step, How to Download iOS 11 Beta 4 on iPhone or iPad
Can’t wait to try the new iOS 11? Good news, the iOS 11 public beta is now available. Check the info on how to download it bellow.
Finally we will get to see the release of the latest Public Beta 4 iOS 11, which according to many will bring us many new and exciting features. Of course since this is only a beta version, all of the newly introduced features will have to undergo vigorous testing, before they are officially launched. So because of this as always Apple is allowing all the users to check out the iOS 11 and provide feedback before they officially release the iOS.Finally we will get to see the release of the latest Public Beta 4 iOS 11, which according to many will bring us many new and exciting features. Of course since this is only a beta version, all of the newly introduced features will have to undergo vigorous testing, before they are officially launched. So because of this as always Apple is allowing all the users to check out the iOS 11 and provide feedback before they officially release the iOS.
But before you can test the iOS, since it is a public beta download, you ought to know that the download and installation process, even though are not difficult, are still a bit different that the standard one. So right bellow, we are going to guide you thru the entire procedure and provide you with all the info on how to correctly do it.
It is not the first time that Apple offers updates to iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS as public betas or closed developer previews for the Apple devices (except the Apple Watch). Even though the betas have some new features, we should not forget that they also have pre-release bugs which can stop you from normally using your iPhone, Mac, iPad, Apple TV or Apple Watch. Since the features in the beta version are not intended for an everyday use, it is strongly recommended that you stay away from the developer previews unless you are using them for software development, and even then you should always take extra precautions. And in case you strongly depend on your Apple device, then be patient and wait for the release of the final version.
Create archived backup of iPhone or iPad
Right before you start, ensure that you create a backup of your iPhone or iPad. Whilst then beta version is pretty unambiguous, every time you make any important change to your iPhone or iPad, potential functionality problems may occur. And when it comes to your personal data, it is of utter importance to be on the safe side and create a backup than to feel regret later.
- Connect the iPad or iPhone with your MAC or PC computer.
- Start iTunes.
- Once you see it in the menu bar, click on the iPhoneor iPad icon.
- Check and set the back up to This Computer. (Also, enable Encrypted backup)
- Press on Back Up Now. (For extra security purposes: Click on Encrypt Backup and add a password)
- If prompted Back up Apps.
- Press Command to open Preferences (alternatively, open iTunes menu bar and press on Preferences).
- Now, click on the devices tab.
- Option click on the created Backup and select Archive.
Archiving helps you prevent your current backup being overwritten by an iOS 11 backup in the future, in case you want to return to previous version.
Learn how to register an account for the iOS 11 public beta
If you already have used the Apple public beta in the past, then there will be no need to register again for the iOS 11; all that you will need to do is to sign in with the same Apple ID. However, if you have never joined a public beta before, then you can do it by signing up with your current Apple ID.
- On your iPhone or iPad browser open apple.com to register formally for the beta
- To get started just Tap on Sign up. (Tap Sign In if you already have enrolled in a previous pubic beta)
- Write your current Apple ID, password and email
- Tap Sign in.
- Agree with the terms and conditions by tapping Accept
- After you have successfully signed in, you can start with the download
How to Accept iOS 11 public beta on iPhone or iPad
The difference between standard iOS updates, where you just tap and begin downloading with the iOS 11 public beta is that Apple here uses configuration profiles to validate devices. Bellow you will find info on how to install the iOS 11 beta:
Important!!!— In case you have already been on previous iOS public beta it may be required that you remove the previous beta profile before you install the iOS 11 version. To do this, open Settings—General—Profile, choose the iOS Beta Software profile and tap Delete Profile.
- On your device browser open beta.apple.com,
- First, Tap the iOStab and then tap on Download Profile.
- In the upper right corner you will see the Install button, Tap on it.
- When prompted, enter your Passcode.
- Accept the beta agreement terms by Taping on Install, (You may wanna read it: There are risks to any beta.)
- Confirm by Taping on Installat the bottom.
- Reboot your device by tapping Restart
After the iPhone/iPad finishes rebooting, the iOS 11 should begin downloading automatically. And afterwards, the procedure is exactly the same as for any other iOS update.
Installation instructions for the iOS 11 public beta
How To successfully install the iOS 11 beta, open Software Update on your iPhone or iPad,
- From the Home screen of your device, access Settings—General and tap on Software Update.
- When you see the update, tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your passcode.
- Click Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Press once again to confirm.
Shortly after, your device will auto reboot and the iOS 11 will be installed. The installation will take a few minutes.
Getting started with the iOS 11 public beta
After the iPhone or iPad successfully reboots, it will run on iOS 11. You will notice that there is a short setup that you need to go thru, but because the system at this point has changed enough, it will be required that you login to finish the update.
- Click Continue
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Wait several minutes while the iCloud settings update
- Tap on Get Started
After this is done, you will be redirected to the Home screen and you can begin using the iOS 11.